12 Daily Habits to cultivate


It’s so good to know that everyone is feeling so festive this Chinese New Year. This Chinese New Year is a good break for me to unwind from the incoming loads of work and commitments and adaptation back to the pace of a Singapore lifestyle. I have to say I am having a hard time coping and I frequently see myself feeling consumed by the stress and subconsciously comparing myself with others.

I believe this is the result of throwing the good habits I’ve cultivated in Europe out of the window because I was too caught up with the fast paced demands of this society. It was always what do I have to do? Any more assignments? When is my meeting with someone? I didn’t have any time to evaluate my thoughts, feed my thoughts with positive messages and content each day and to take care of my physical needs.

I have just read an online article yesterday and felt that it was so apt not only for me but for everyone in this new year. It talks about 24 daily habits that we could keep for ourselves. As it is with most things in life, we have choices. Do we allow the everyday demands and expectations of society to shape our habits? Or do we choose to take control of the habits that we make?

“We first make our habits, and then our habits make us” – John Dryden” 


The 12 Simple Habits

With every new day, I would like to keep these 12 simple habits for myself from the list of 24.

The Morning
1. Wake early
2. Read and/ or Listen to Motivational Material
3. Check the News Headlines
4. Write a “To Do” List / Review my goals
“With better awareness you can make better choices and when you make better choices, you will see better results.”

The Day
5. Smile
6. Put First Things First
7. Under-Promise and Over-Deliver
8. Encourage someone

The Evening
9. Have Family Time
10. Exercise
11. Wind Down and do Quiet Time
12. Review My Day

0 comments:

Post a Comment