In Love with London II


Food, my favourite F word after my name! You know Food and Florence? People used to tell me that I'll miss good and flavourful food in Singapore when I go to Europe and I took what they say with a pinch of salt. After many meals in Europe, I understood what they meant. Having been deprived of good and tasty food for sometime as I have been eating lots of sandwiches while traveling, I got more than what I needed in London. So get ready for lots of delightfully good food pictures :) I am a real foodie at heart, or at least I think so.

I am so fortunate to have a friend in London who knows where to get good food and here is a list of where she brought me to eat:

1. Four Seasons
I have to say this duck deserves all the stars that I can give. The duck is so juicy and perfectly roasted that the taste of the duck is consistent and flavourful with every bite. It is so amazingly good that you would have missed out if you haven't and didn't try. I also found out the service staff was especially nice to me when I spoke in cantonese. They even helped to serve us rice and my friend said that in the many times she went to 4 Seasons, they have never done that. So you know what you need to do when you're there! ;)

2. Burgers and Lobsters
Can you ever miss out on a 20 pounds lobster? Especially when the lobster is pretty huge! The picture here is only half a lobster. Well, you know the answer! ;) So, need I say more?

My friend and I ordered a dessert too to stay in the restaurant for a longer period of time and that's because everyone wants to come during dinner time and it is always crowded. So unless you still have some food on the table, you would be pretty much pressurised to leave :( The lemon pie was alright but it will never be the main highlight.

3. Big Easy Bar.B.Q & Crabshack
Tried lobster again in Big Easy Bar BQ & Crabshack in Covent Garden. Having tried lobsters twice in 2 different restaurants, I think that the fries in Burgers and Lobsters are much better but the lobster is about equally good. I tend to prefer the steam lobsters to the roasted one. However, in terms of size of the lobster, I'll say Burgers and Lobsters are bigger.

4. My Old Dutch
I love the pancake here and I must be biased and say even the real dutch ones in Amsterdam was not as good as this. Plus it was huge (compare the size of my hands and the plate, its a mega size plate I tell you!) and totally worth the money. This costs about 5 Pounds because of a promotion. I kept telling my friends about it! SO worth it!

5. Caravan King's Cross
You cannot miss out on going to a cafe if you go to London. They have the best cafes there and I went to a pretty famous one called Caravan! The food was pretty decent but not exceptional. But I will still say give it a go!

6. Borough Market
From scallops, to cheesy potatoes, to muffins and cakes to ice cream and wine, they really have everything here. If you are one who loves trying different sorts of food and love variety, Borough Market is definitely a place I recommend to visit. I tried many different sorts of food and loved everything because its so delicious and fresh. The scallops! Cant stop thinking about it. It is very filling after a while so be sure to go with your friend so that you can try many types of food.

7. Duck and Waffle
You know whats the coolest thing about Duck & Waffle? The fact that it is located 40 floors above ground! They pride themselves as the highest restaurant in the UK. And I really like the uniqueness of this dish. It is definitely very uncommon to match a waffle together with duck and egg as a dish, they even paired it with maple syrup. If you are adventurous and like something new, you might like this or else, you can always enjoy the view and eat the waffle and duck separately. To me, it kinda works! :)

8. Jamie's Italian
I was really excited when I knew that there were Jamie Olivier's restaurants all over London. I watched some of his youtube videos and baked some of his recipes before. So yeap, I am quite a fan. I know that Singapore has a branch in Vivo but I have yet to try it. And in my mind, I think the UK branch would be more authentic? HAHA. On the day that I went, I had Squid Ink Pasta that tasted really good, I think its the best I have eaten. But I am a big fan of desserts and therefore my friends and I ordered "Epic Brownie" and "Amalfi Lemon Meringue Cheesecake". I just knew the names are calling out to be ordered! Warm brownies is always a good idea in winter! So hands down that won over the cheesecake for me. But I must mention that the berry sauce that came with the cheesecake was really good. Yes, therefore go there for the desserts:)


So here is a list of my favourite 8! There's still so much more good food to check out in London! Do share with me if you have anymore good finds in London (though I don't think I can be back so soon! HAHA) Overall, London is a city that is so full of good food, life and things to do that you will never be bored here. I still remembered how I really really wanted to visit London about 4-5 years ago and now that I have finally been here, I love it even more. Hopefully this is not my last visit to London. :)

Till I visit again, bye London & I'll continue dreaming of the good food.

1 comments: