Faith for the Impossible


He grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. - Romans 4:20–21

I am growing more tired at work and I have finally fallen sick ever since I came back from exchange. The past few days have been rather tiring physically and mentally. And it has been increasingly difficult to find working something hopeful, something I look forward to each day.The working culture can sometimes suck me in if I am not careful. 

Sometimes, I fall into the belief that it is impossible to remain faithful. Perhaps, I will just be like many other christians in the workplace, defeated by the culture and the expectations surrounding me.

But just then, in the midst of a tough week at work, I meditated on this verse one morning before I started work (Romans 4:20-23). To my surprise, God reassured me of His ability to accomplish and complete what He had started for me to do - "fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised". 

This God-glorifying faith is a future-oriented confidence in God’s integrity and power and wisdom to follow through on all his promises. This faith was shown in the example of Abraham's response to God's promise - that he would be the father of many nations (Romans 4:18)
He did not weaken in faith when he considered his own body, which was as good as dead (since he was about a hundred years old), or when he considered the barrenness of Sarah’s womb. No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. (Romans 4:19–21)
Abraham's circumstance was unique. While God promised to Abraham that he would be a father of many nations, Abraham was only given a son when he was 100 years old. That seemed like a totally impossible promise of God to Abraham. Yet, Abraham’s faith glorified God by being fully assured that he could and would do the impossible.

It is true that working is tough and expectations by bosses are rocket high. It is also true that the environment can be very difficult to work around but God gave me this exact circumstances to grow me in faith. And I thank God for a timely reminder that God would accomplish what we feel we can never pull through and accomplish. Having survived the week, I knew this reminder has helped to push me through work, through the challenges that come by. 

I pray that I will never lose sight of my mission and purpose as I work. As I work, may I, just like Abraham have faith in the seemingly impossible. To a week of hope in God's abilities to accomplish His will in the coming week~


0 comments:

Post a Comment