The Fragility of Life


I know it has been some time since I last updated this space. It is not that I haven't thought about it but that this semester has been a rather exciting semester of juggling various commitments and issues at the same time. But I really want to go back to this little space to jot down my thoughts no matter how small it may be.

These few months that went by has been really exciting. Matilda, a really close sister to me have come all the way to Singapore for internship and my family hosted her in her stay here. My family have grown to really love her and miss her even. Soon after, I got back to school and started the project that I knew would be a very difficult and daunting task (FYP). Indeed, it has been and it was one of the main reasons why I could not go back to blogging. I have also been joining Christian Union in school and extremely thankful for the fellowship that I enjoyed while being with fellow NTU Christians. Also, for a short while, I got involved in a dance ministry and witnessed first hand how God used me to be able to share with the younger ones in Oldam Hall. It was done sincerely through building a relationship with them through dance. And just most recently, I got back to Hong Kong. In just a mere few months, many things have happened. And I am very thankful.

Recently I saw a quote and I can't agree more, "Trust that God is bringing every person, every lesson, every opportunity into your life to get you where you need to be." I believe these few months were used greatly by God to continually mould me for who He made me to be. I can say I have a greater heart for the people around me, stronger and wiser because of all the struggles and opportunities He has given me this semester.

Just a few weeks ago, a few people were surprised at my sudden trip to Hong Kong. I made a trip back to Hong Kong to settle my citizenship issues that has been causing me some problems. God was gracious and allowed me to settle it pretty smoothly so much so that I was so touched one day that I almost teared. I knew it was God's Mighty Hand that was behind this entire process when all I did was fearing and worrying. But in this little struggle, I also saw what the Lord would want me to see a lot more in my scenario and I saw how blessed I am that God decided to bring me away from Hong Kong to Singapore. In all honesty, I can finally see why God decided to bring me up here. The environment, the safety and the education I took for granted, I now saw with a new perspective and light. I am extremely grateful now and I know that part of God's plan has been for me to stay in Singapore.

Among the many things that happened recently is the news of my close friend's grandma's passing. I was very much saddened by the news as I was blessed enough to be able to be loved and cared by her when I was younger. However, I am most grateful that her grandma had the privilege of accepting Christ before she passed on and I am hopeful that one day I may be able to meet her in heaven.

This brought me to the realisation that life is indeed fragile. Some get to live lives to a ripe age while others may not. The fragility of life is in the fact that no one knows when we will be leaving this earth except God. It could be today, tomorrow or even years after. But the biggest take away that I got from this was that I can't afford to be busy with my life and be caught in the moment when there is still many things to be done for God and His Kingdom before Jesus comes again or even before we have the chance to reach out to the people around us.

I am thankful that God put in me a sense of urgency (something that I have forgotten and am often deluded of after busying myself with so many things and putting my personal goals before God's) and thankful that as He gave me the urgency, He gave me more opportunities to serve Him. I pray that I may view these opportunities not as burdens but a joy when I serve the Lord. An indeed what more joy when I am able to serve the Lord with like-minded Christians :) I'll like to end off praying that more Christians may grow more urgent in sowing His seeds in the field.

"And let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the day drawing near." 
- Hebrews 10:24-25


0 comments:

Post a Comment