The 10 facts of my exchange


On the surface, everything seems to be going well for me. But I would like to confess that I do experience a fair share of worries even when I’m on an exchange.
Well, we often like to share our happy moments with people, don’t we? Most of the time, I share with others with the intention of genuinely sharing joyful moments of my life or things I’ve learnt with others rather than for the purpose of making one jealous. However, I do understand that there will inevitably be people who would be jealous of you especially when they are having a hard time.

The sharing of my travel photos have stirred up a mix of response among my friends and relatives. While some rejoice with me whenever I get to go to some place new, some were unhappy that I spent an unnecessary amount on travelling when really they think that I should be studying. I am thankful for those who rejoice with me and wish that through this post, I could clarify some of the myths that people have of me. Don’t get me wrong, I just hope that you will have a clearer idea of me and what I’m doing before you judge my actions.

So here goes, the 10 facts, in no particular order:

1. I do have a personal budget for this exchange. Currently, I’m doing fine and have been spending within my budget.

2. I do my research before travelling and this means saving up a lot more money.

3. I do not spend excessively on branded goods nor do I always spend lavishly on meals and dining. I spend on what is necessary.

4. Having said that, I give myself and others little treats once in a while and this means planning for it even.

5. I give myself a budget for every trip and keep track of the surplus and deficits. If you travel with me, you will find out that I can be rather strict with my personal accounts.

6. I travel to learn. (To experience the culture, to appreciate history, to enjoy the nature around me and even to be more independent)

7. I do try to balance my responsibilities as a student while working on my travel plans. (I’m really thankful that my current timetable in Lund worked out well.)

8. I have personal goals on this exchange.

9. I take part in financing a part of my exchange.

10. Finally, I trust in God’s provision for me and I’m grateful for every trip, experience and person that I’ve met.

I hope these facts have helped you gain a clearer picture of my exchange and travel experiences so far. All in all, I still want to give thanks to God who has offered me a wonderful exchange filled with so many beautiful memories so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment