In Love with London


I am totally in love with London. Call me crazy but in a spend of 4 months, I went to London twice on my exchange. I love everything there is to London, the food, the attractions, the shopping, the convenience and the beauty of the city. Wait! How can I forget the amazing musicals?

I will be writing a 2 part post as there is too much to share about London and I don't want to miss anything out. In this post, I would be sharing the places I have been and things I have done in London.

Before I bore you out, here is a list of 10:

1. The London Eye
The London Eye is such a pleasant sight and I love the fact that the London Eye overlooks the Thames River. If you have time, it will be really nice to walk pass this beautiful and calming sight. Just nearby is where the famous Big Ben is.

2. Tower of London
Though I went to London during the rainy season, the sight of many poppies did not fail to bring a smile across my face. I love flowers and I love these poppies even more because I knew there was a greater story to it. Tower of London features 888,246 ceramic poppies as a way to remember the soldiers who had died during the first World War. It is always heartwarming to know that there will always be someone who would be remembering their sacrifices. Well, I happen to be able to see this display while I was there. They have since removed this amazing and beautiful display. However, I do believe that this Tower is still worth a visit!

3. Regent's Park
I took a trip to Regent's Park myself one day after touring some landmarks. I definitely think that London is probably the easiest city to travel in the entire of Europe. The transport system is so convenient albeit a little expensive, everything is written in English and everyone speaks in English as well. Its hard to get lost in a city like London and I am proud of myself for getting to the park without guidance. I went to the park in the evening and I enjoyed much tranquility and some good quality me time as there were few people here.

4. Borough Market
I never regretted coming to Borough Market and I must thank God that Michelle was there to guide me and share many different types of food with me. It was such a good experience and the food was 'oh so delicious'! I'll share more about it another time :)

5. Hyde Park/ Winter Wonderland
I did not manage to go to Hyde Park in my first trip to London and got here in the second trip instead. I really love the feel at Winter Wonderland. There are many different rides and food and I feel like I was brought back to the time when I was at Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany.

6. Buckingham Palace
The change of guards at Buckingham Palace was really interesting. I can't help but laugh at how silly the soldiers look with hats that are at least twice the size of an average head! They look like moving mushrooms to me. Don't ask me why! HAHA.

7. Musicals
After coming to London for the first time, I advised everyone I knew to go to London to watch musicals! I cant help it, it is really good and really worth it. I have never watched any musical prior to going to London and after being there, I can proudly say I've watched 3 musicals: Matilda, Miss Saigon and my all time favourite, The Phantom of the Opera.

8. Ballet Recital (or any other performances you can find)
My first ever Ballet Recital and its the famous Nutcracker! As you can see, its only 15 pounds ($30) which you will never get in Singapore. It was definitely a unique experience. Sigh, writing about this makes me miss London so much. Everything about London is awesome.

9. M&M's World
If you are someone like me, who still has that little kid in you, you can definitely go and have some fun in this M&M mega outlet shop. It is multi-storey by the way! It's a really fun experience for me and I didn't even know M&Ms came in so many different colours.

10. Just explore anywhere and every corner in London
There are places in London that I did not plan to go and yet I was pleasantly surprised! The above 2 photos were places that I went unplanned.

Apart from these places, I went to Covent Garden, Camden Town and Oxford Street! Just walk around and you'll find that there is so much to explore in London and I am sure you will never get bored. Look forward for my next post on what to eat in London! Be sure to anticipate lots of good food :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment