Stepping Out in Faith



Besides the two home-schooled brothers and their project, I was reminded of another story of one who contributed so much to the world. Its the story of Nick Vujicic, a man without limbs, who has already spoken to millions of people, encouraging people of the great things they can do with their lives. He has sky-dived, surfed and has spoken to 12 presidents in his life. On one occasion when he was speaking to a church, he told the church that thousands came to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior in a conference that he spoke. I was utterly amazed. Thousands!

Learning of stories like this, I knew that if God can use two home-schooled brothers and if God can use Nick Vujicic, a man without limbs, He will surely use me to do something great for God if I allow Him to. Faith has to be accompanied by actions, no matter how small. There's even a popular saying that goes "Actions speak louder than words." And I wanted to start somewhere. And I chose to write and speak for God as I felt and have come to realize that this is an area of my life that God blessed me abundantly.

Not only did I write more this week, I made a commitment to myself. I am going to encourage and hopefully be able to bless the people whom I come across this week. I also prayed to God for opportunities to meet people this week. Its Friday today and I am really really thankful for the people that God had given me to speak to so far.

There are times in the week where I got to meet people through the strangest circumstances. Once, I got to meet someone because we stepped into the wrong LT for a test and another time I got to meet a girl from the same secondary school as me on the train. Even yesterday, I got to meet my good friend, Maggie while on the bus to Boon Lay MRT. Thinking back, its amazing how God can use any circumstance for me to speak to someone just because I am willing to and I did not need to look too far. It begins from the people close to me or within my reach. From Tuesday to Thursday alone, I have met and spoken to 10 different people on top of school. That to me was really amazing. And it is my prayer that God will continue blessing them with the hope that I have shared with them.

When I just got back from exchange, I resented God for isolating me from people and from support. I felt all alone. And I realized I have always been looking at myself. Even when I had the opportunities to meet people, it was always, how could people be praying for me or how could they be listening to me. And a recent quote by Nick Bujicic really spoke to me: "“If you can't get a miracle, become one.” I have and am continuing to learn how to be that miracle to others and I hope that I am able to see beyond myself and continue to be the support that people can look to.

 "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." 
-James 2:17

0 comments:

Post a Comment